Who Can Run or Vote
- Be over 18.
- Regardless of citizenship status, as long as you live (rent/own), work, own a business, attend school, worship, volunteer, or participate in an organization that meets in and/or serves Boyle Heights, you can RUN and VOTE.
Meet the Candidates Forum, Saturday, March 23, 2019. Time: 11:00am, at the Boyle Heights City Hall- Community Room, 2130 E. 1st St, Los Angeles, CA 90033. Introduce yourself to the community during this session. Forum will be moderated. Visit the Eventbrite page here.
Boyle Heights Neighborhood Council ELECTIONS & RESOURCE FAIR, Saturday, April 13, 2019 from 10am – 2pm at the Boyle Heights City Hall.
BELOW IS AN ARCHIVE OF PREVIOUSLY POSTED ELECTION INFORMATION:
Register to Run for a Seat
- If you meet the criteria of who can run. Register here (starting Saturday, December 29) https://clerkappsele.lacity.org/nccr/#/login
- If you would like to know more about the election, city clerk’s election manual is available on its website, https://clerk.lacity.org/los-angeles-city-clerk-election-division ,under the 2019 NC Handbook tab.
Commitment to the Board
- Attend all general board meetings once a month, held on the 4th Wednesday of the month.
- Participate in a committee of your choice, learn about our active committees http://bhnc.net/committees/
- Engage with the community in outreach activities to promote the visibility of the board.
- To be a community advocate
- To work with other community members to make a difference
- To give a voice to neighborhood concerns
UPCOMING EVENTS & TIMELINE
- “Meet & Greet” Current and past board members to learn more about the board:
- Saturday, January 5, 2019, 11am – 12pm at State St. Park
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019, 6 – 7pm at Chelas
- Saturday, January 12, 2019 , 12 – 1pm at the Boys & Girls Club at Estrada Courts, 3232 Estrada Street. Los Angeles, CA 90023 (During the Assembly District Elections)/li>
- Monday, January 14, 2019, 6-8pm at the Evergreen Cemetery (on the corner of Chavez & Evergreen)
- Orientation on “How to Run”, Saturday, February 9th, from 11am to 1pm, at the Stevenson Library- Community Room. 803 Spence St, Los Angeles, CA 90023. Learn how to run a successful campaign, best practices, and mobilizing your community to turn out the vote.