Be a Boyle Heights NC Board Member
The Boyle Heights Neighborhood Council (BHNC) is looking for a community member to fill an Area Seat.
What is the purpose of the Boyle Heights Neighborhood Council?
The BHNC functions in an advisory capacity to various Los Angeles City Departments and elected officials through meetings and various forms of communications, as well as promoting a strong sense of neighborhood by bringing stakeholders together to work on activities that enhance the livelihood of the community.
Who can be a Candidate?
Stakeholders running for the vacant Area Seat must be a stakeholder within the specific area represented by the vacant seat. Those areas are designated on Attachment A of the Bylaws (available on the BHNC.net website).
A “Stakeholder” is defined as those who live, work, or own property in the neighborhood and also to those who declare a stake in the neighborhood and affirm the factual basis for it.
The term of service for these board seats is the remainder of the two year term for the vacated seat.
The boundaries of the BHNC shall follow the traditional boundaries for the Boyle Heights Community Plan as set forth in the City of Los Angeles Planning and Land Use Map for Boyle Heights. These traditional boundaries are approximately described as Marengo Boulevard to the North, Indiana Street to the East, 26th Street to the South and the Los Angeles River to the West.
A map of the boundaries of the Four Areas represented by the BHNC can be found on the website at: http://bhnc.net/map-of-boundaries/
As covered under the Title II of the Americans with Disability Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and, upon request will provide reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability you are advised to make request 72 hours prior to meeting you wish to attend. .
If you are interested in applying for one of these vacant board seats contact: Secretary@bhnc.net
News & Information
- New Year, New You at the Library
- The Draft Boyle Heights Community Plan is now available online!
GET MORE DETAILS HERE!
- Vision Zero Newsletter
- Planning & Land Use Committee Seeking new members
- The Boyle Heights Neighborhood Council is currently seeking six (6) community members to become part of its Planning & Land Use Committee.
- Mariachi Plaza and Cesar Chavez/Fickett Joint Development RFPs Released Today
Metro Joint Development
- Latinas Public Service Academy. Free Public Policy program for 11th & 12th grade Latinas
- Purple Line Extension Could Help Connect Boyle Heights
- Neighborhood Councils Prove Most Successful in the Clean Streets L.A. Challenge!