Purple Line Extension Could Help Connect Boyle Heights
At the request of community activists, Councilmember José Huizar and Mayor Eric Garcetti have pushed for an extension of the Metro Purple Line all the way to 6th Street. This extension would better connect Boyle Heights, the 6th Street Bridge, the LA River bike path, and the Arts District, to the rest of the City of L.A. On Thursday, the mayor presented a motion on the LA County Metro Board to examine the options for expanding this Metro L.A. Rail service. Special thank you to L.A. County Supervisor Hilda Solis, L.A. City Councilmember Mike Bonin, and MTA Board Director Jacquelyn Dupont-Walker for all their support on this issue!
- Free Used Tire Recycling Collection Event
- Homelessness Forum
- Mariachi Plaza and Cesar Chavez/Fickett Joint Development RFPs Released Today
Metro Joint Development
- Latinas Public Service Academy. Free Public Policy program for 11th & 12th grade Latinas
- Purple Line Extension Could Help Connect Boyle Heights
- Neighborhood Councils Prove Most Successful in the Clean Streets L.A. Challenge!